Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
We care and take action, to make your holiday as safe as possible
Covid 19 Information
General Questions and Answers on COVID 19 in Austria
To master this winter in a safe way we should always keep in mind to follow these rules:
- Please note the information notices
- Please follow the instructions of our staff
- Install the „Stopp-Corona-App“ of Austrias Red Cross to prevent the spreading
- Please keep enough distance to other persons, not belonging to your party - at least one metre.
- Note the hygenic rules and wash your hands often.
- Please throw away used tissues and masks in bins.
- Please try to pay by card.
- If you have symtoms, that could indicate a possible COVID-19 Infection (fever, cough, sore throat, no taste or smell), please stay in your room and inform your host (by phone) and call the Austrian Health Number: 1450.
Please always have a face covering on you. In Austria you need to wear it:
- on public transport (busses, taxis, cable cars, lifts) and at the ticket office and onboarding area
- in skischool offices
- on public toilets
- in indoor areas of ships on lake and river cruises
- in healthcare settings (e.g. at the doctor’s or chemist’s)
- in all shops, bakeries, post offices, banks, tourist information
- in all public indoor areas at museums, train stations etc.
- in all public indoor areas in hotels and in restaurants whenever you're away from the table. Find details about hotels and restaurants here.
- at indoor events. Find details about city trips here.
- wherever a minimum distance of one metre (4 ft) cannot be maintained (e.g. in the service sector, such as at the hairdresser’s)
- at outdoor markets, including Christmas markets whenever you are not drinking or eating
Please keep enough distance to others, if possible also in cable cars or ski busses.
Children under 7 are not required to wear masks.
Besides the normal face masks you can also use Buffs, Bandanas, Skimasks... Mouth and nose must be well covered. Face and mounh shields are not allowed.
In Austria wie use the APP „STOPP CORONA“ of the Austrian Red Cross to prevent the spreading of the Corona virus. We warmly recommend to use it. Here's the download site
Dachstein West is not the great Après Ski skiresort anyway, this year there will be even more awareness. We will deliberatly do with out it. This years Après-Ski will be to go for a night skitour on the Hornspitz, go tobogganing or spend quality time with our families or to relax after a great ski day.
Food and drinks are only allowed to be served when seated. The music will be quieter.
Many restaurants, ski schools, ski hire ... have the opportunity to pay by card. You can buy skitickets beforehand online in order to avoid lines at the cash desk. So please use this possibility to book online.
Weekly testing days for PCR tests in Dachstein West
Russbach | Thursdays & Fridays from 4.15 pm in the parrish centre in Russbach
Starting from December, 17th, there will be the possibility to get a PCR Test for guests.
If you should need or want to get tested, please contact the Touristinformation Board in Russbach. Mo-Fr. 8-12.00 am, Tel +43(0)6242 577
The PCR test costs € 85,-/person and the Antigen rapid test costs € 29,-/person. Just make an appointment, fill in the form, then you can go.
Download form for guest testings.
Doctors that do testings
Dr. Kritzinger | Vordertalstrasse 32 | 4824 Gosau | Tel. +43(0)6136 8215
For tests please make a phone call for an appointment - operating hours:
Monday 07:30–11:30 & 17:00–19:00
For Austrians with symtoms free
For Austrian citizens without symtoms and guests from abroad
Antigen rapid tests € 65,-
PCR tests € 130,-
All staff of restaurants and huts, also of lodging partners and the ski lifts get tested at the season start. To offer the best possible safe holiday we test our staff once a week Covid 19.
Frequent Questions for Accomodation
Many hotels, b&b's, apartments offer soft cancellation policies. If you should not be able to arrive because of official legal warnings and lock downs, there are no cancellation fees. However we recommend for this winter to take out a travel insurance. This insurance will cover Covid 19 affection. Our accommodations offer the possibility of taking insurance at the European Travel Insurance and will help you with your questions. Diese versichert nunmehr Covid-19 Erkrankungen, wie jede andere unerwartete schwere Erkrankung auch. Unsere Unterkünfte bieten bei Reservierung die Europäische Reiseversicherung an und sind bei Fragen auch jederzeit für Sie da.
Please find all information on this topic on the Austria's Tourist Information Website.
Frequent Questions regarding restaurants and huts
Safety regulations for Gastronomy
Face masks must be worn in enclosed areas when walking to and from your seat (also applies to entrance areas, toilets, self-service areas, etc.). Aditionally there are desinfectant dispensers for you at the entrance and exit. Food and drink can only be consumed while seated. Wherever possible, book your table in advance.
Many Restaurants offer digital menu cards. Just scan the QR Code with your mobile phone and see the menu on your phone.
Group reservations are possible – however, a maximum of 6 people (indoors) or 12 people (outdoors) plus children are allowed to sit at a single table.
For your safety, at the moment we have a registration obligation in restaurants, that ease contact tracing. Most restaurants offer digital guest books to ease the registration for guests. Just scan the QR Code when entering the restaurant.
This winter we restrict Apres-Ski, like we know in the last winter. We will concentrate on the most important things. Great scenic mountain views, many km of awsome slopes are central. Après-Ski this winter is going ski mountaineering, spend quality time with our families, go tobogganing or get a rest for the next ski day.
Food and drink may only be consumed while seated.
There will be no loud music.
Self service is allowed, if the higenic measures ar implemnted in order to reduce the risk of infection (for example different rooms). During self service you must wear a mask.
We care for your health and make sure, that legal measures like 1 metre distance between guests and a maximum of 6 people (indoors) and 12 people (outdoors) plus children can sit at one table. Additionally there are desinfectant dispensers at the entrances. Food and drink may only be consumed while seated.
Face masks must be worn in enclosed areas when walking to and from your seat (also applies to entrance areas, toilets, self-service areas, etc.)
Safety measures in skibusses and public transport
Yes, you must wear a face mask on public transports during your ride. We recommend to wear it at the busstop too. If possible try to keep your distance of 1 metre in the busses.
Yes, but only in the available bins. Please don't leave used masks or tissues on the seats.
Our skibus is free. You don't need a ticket for it.
- Skiresort | Dachstein West
- More Winter Fun
- Summer Holiday in Russbach Dachstein West